Friday, November 30, 2012

I'm Thankful...

In the spirit of it being the last day of November, I'd like to share a list of things I'm thankful for...in no certain order.
  • I'm thankful I'm no longer 11, 12 or 16....well, really any school-age for that matter. Awkward years.
  • I'm thankful for wine, wogs by the East River (wog = walk / jog) and bananas.
  • I'm thankful my dogs respond to Mugs, Muggins, Roo, Reuben, Pickle-Jean, Loo-Roo and other random names Richard and I have given Pickle and Sundae. I'm also thankful they have not forgotten their real names.
  • I'm thankful for hardwood floors, internet, and being able to receive Facebook alerts on my phone. How else would I keep up with the latest drama of what's for dinner. These are important details.
  • I'm thankful that Express and Lauren Conrad make it easy to select clothing, since I didn't inherit the style gene.
  • I'm thankful for a husband that joins in crazy dreams with me...like traveling all 50 states, moving into a 450 square foot apartment and always accepting my detailed calendar invites that plan out our lives to the minute...and for the balance of my spur of the moment personality mixed with his logical thinking.
  • I'm thankful for childhood, college and adult friends who have become my family. I'm thankful for coming from a large family and inheriting a second family, never a dull moment. And I'm thankful for the people who come in and out of my life in seasons.
  • I'm thankful for cute office supplies, headsets and a work schedule that allows me flexibility.
  • I'm thankful for a church I can walk to, a community group that understands what it means to be a displaced Texan living in the craziness of NYC and a God that always listens to me.
...and I'm very thankful for the opportunity to spend Christmas in NYC! Let the countdown begin! 

Rockefeller Center and Bryant Park 


No comments:

Post a Comment