Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ringing in 2013

The end of each year is always so exciting! Work and projects are placed on a back burner while new memories are created with family and friends. We say goodbye to the current year and happily welcome the new year. 2012 was huge for us. We sold and donated most of our belongings, said goodbye to life as we knew it and moved across the United States for a fun, challenging, exciting and new adventure. Through the excitement came several tears. One of my biggest concerns was that we would lose the close relationships that we had worked so hard and for so long to build. I knew we would miss celebrations, happy hours, movie nights and dinners. But I also knew that if we didn't follow our strong desire for an adventure outside of Texas, we would one day regret not leaping at the chance for such a life changing experience. In 2012, we put our trust in God and are beyond thankful we did.

Psalm 118:8 “It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.”

Given that 2012 was such a transitional year, I'm excited that in 2013 we have the opportunity to continue to explore this amazing city we are living and working in. We still have quite the list of places to eat at and things to see - an ever-growing list I am learning. I am thankful for the close relationships we are building with new friends and for a strong church that inspires us. This year we will celebrate our 5 year anniversary with a trip to Europe - a dream come true for us! Maybe our new year's resolution should have been to learn a new language for the trip...ha! Who am I kidding? Bonjour!

We were also so happy to ring in the new year with two of my dearest friends - Brenda and Olivia! I was beyond excited they made the trek from Dallas to NYC. They were met with snowflakes, chilly weather and the excitement of a 5 year old the morning of Christmas (me!)! We explored just about every part of Manhattan and made so many new memories. I am so blessed to have strong friendships and reassured that moving across the US had no impact on those friendships! Pickle and Sundae loved the extra attention they received too! Below are a few of my favorite photos!

Times Square New Year's Eve

Sweets at Magnolia Bakery 

Carl Schurz Park - Upper East Side

Happy New Year!

FAO Schwarz

Headed to our first Opera!


Cheers to 2013!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment